Kickstart problems...

Robert McKenzie Robert.McKenzie at csr.com
Wed Mar 16 13:00:03 UTC 2005

I have been spending way too much time trying to get a functional pxe
kickstart server going.  I've been through at least 4 or 5 howtos on
this and still come up to the same end each time.  The problem is...

The new system loads it's kernel from the server using PXE with no
problem, but then it insists on trying to get a DHCP address (dynamic).
I have in my dhcpd.conf a static IP for the host, based on MAC but this
seems only to work for the first step of the PXE boot.

What am I doing wrong? (I know, it's a loaded question).

My entire PXE config is at
http://thehostedbox.com/~rmckenzi/pxe-kickstart/server.tgz

What I've included in the file (for those that have time to have a look
for me) is /etc/dhcpd.conf and the entire /tftpboot/ directory (minus
the actual initrd.img and vmlinuz images from the FC3 directory.

I can only think it's something simple that I'm missing or have done
wrong.  It would be greatly appreciated for anyone that can have a look
and offer some advice.

Cheers!!!

Robert McKenzie
UNIX Support