NFS install and interactive asking of static ip

L B bertignac at gmail.com
Wed May 18 08:12:53 UTC 2005

Hi,

I run RHAS3 update 4.

I would like to :

 . Do an NFS install *not* in interactive mode.
 . Get my first IP with DHCP (text mode) to get the ks.cfg and the rpms.
 . Have a graphical screen asking me only for my static IP, hostname,
DNS servers etc.. and nothing else.
 . Install redhat etc...

If I don't put any network stuff in the ks.cfg, kickstart doesn't ask
me networking info :
>From the doc :
"If the installation does require networking and network information
is not provided in the kickstart file, the Red Hat Linux installation
program assumes that the installation should be done over eth0 via a
dynamic IP address (BOOTP/DHCP), and configures the final, installed
system to determine its IP address dynamically. The network option
configures networking information for kickstart installations via a
network as well as for the installed system."

Can I make kickstart ask me the networking configuration ?

Thank you