No beeping sound...

Lambert Tran forltran at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 4 21:07:39 UTC 2005

We only have an integrated sound (no sound card), and after installed Redhat
ES4,
I can't get the beep or ctrl-G to beep at all.

I even tried MAKEDEV sound, and /dev/beep created but still no cigar...
On my other Linux RH  2.4, /dev/beep was in the dev-3.3.1-2 package, but the it
seemed to me the base device files are now packaged differently on AS/ES4.

This is not the correct group to ask this question, but we have many experts
on this group so pls forgive!

If anyone can point me to the correct group/mail list, that would be very
appreciative.

-Thanks,
-lt