kickstart RH8 using Vanilla Kernel.Org

ducatirdr at comcast.net ducatirdr at comcast.net
Fri Sep 16 21:24:05 UTC 2005

Greetings,

I need some help getting RH8 installed via PXEBOOT while using a kernel.org as the PXE images.  Is this at all possible ? If so can someone provide help.

Here's some information:
I have a kernel.org image to use initrd and has all necessary devices to load in the kernel.  I'm just struggling with the initrd image.  What needs to be in the ramdisk?  Is it just the /sbin/loader do I make a new ramdisk under the kernel.org version or can I just use the one on the RH CD and remove all the modules?

Thanks in advance,
Siva