kickstart RH8 using Vanilla Kernel.Org

Peter Eisch peter at boku.net
Fri Sep 16 21:40:21 UTC 2005

I haven¹t done this with RH8 or with PXE  booting, but I did it with RH7.3
for CD-ROM  only.  Remember to replace all the affected kernel and driver
bits in the initrd.img and then also get the drivers in the stage2.img.  It
was generally straight forward but time consuming to get it to 2.4.28 a year
ago.