Figuring package class

Klaus Steden klaus.steden at thomson.net
Tue May 30 21:01:47 UTC 2006

> Ok, and where does hdlist live?
>
> I was trying to figure out, for instance, why "apr" gets installed...
> but can't find any chaining or dependencies.  And it's not named
> explictly in comps.xml or any of the other xml.gz files.

hdlist and hdlist2 are in the RedHat/base directory, alongside comps.rpm and
comps.xml.

If you've added RPMs to your install base and want them to work during
installation under anaconda, you'll need to run 'genhdlist'. It's a little
complex and a lot annoying, I'm looking forward to the day when anaconda
manages packages with YUM.

Klaus