Kickstart setup for different hardware profiles - Help!

Coe, Colin C. (Unix Engineer) Colin.Coe at woodside.com.au
Wed Nov 1 23:28:37 UTC 2006

1. If you're using the EL4 update 4 then you shouldn't need a driver
disk.  Anaconda should load the right NIC driver.

2. SATA and SCSI (and probably SAS - I've not used them) report as SCSI
devices, sda, sdb, sdc, etc.  Anaconda should get the driver right for
these controllers as well.

3. I support Sun Ultra40 (Opteron based workstation), HP xw6200, xw9300
and xw9400 workstations with a single ks.cfg.  The differences between
the machines are compensated for in my %pre script.  I do almost all my
kickstarts from NFS shares.

My advice is to read the doco on the redhat site.
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/pdf/rhel-sag
-en.pdf  All the info is there.

CC