%include syntax and usage

Shabazian, Chip Chip.Shabazian at bankofamerica.com
Wed Sep 13 16:35:28 UTC 2006

Sorry, you didn't explain WHY you were doing it, you just asked for a
solution.

My kickstart file also has a very large exclusion list, that is used for
all kickstarts.  I then include some packages back into the build for
certain builds based on the decisioning logic that is in the %pre.

Yes, this is all stored in the kickstart file, but it allows me to use
one kickstart file to build thousands of distributed servers a year with
differing requirements.  At the end of the day, if the kickstart file is
huge, it's still very small compared to the number of packages you will
have to transfer across the wire, and it should have no impact on how
long it takes to build a box.

Chip