NFS not mountable when kickstarting RHEL5x32 via Fedora 7

Joe_Wulf Joe_Wulf at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 28 05:12:16 UTC 2007

I have a weird problem.
I have Fedora 7 built up as my DNS, tftp, DHCP and kickstart server.
I can successfully build RHEL AS4u5.
I've now tried RHEL5.... it boots up initially, gets to the anaconda
screen and freezes, never to go any further.
When checking the box to be built (actually a VM), console 4 gives
continuous errors regarding unable to NFS mount the kickstart source.

HALP.

This is weird, as I have a manually built VM with RHEL 5, full system
install, and it can moments later successfully mount the same
location as the KS'd VM is attempting.

R,
-Joe Wulf, CISSP, USN(RET)
 Senior IA Engineer