NFS not mountable when kickstarting RHEL5x32 via Fedora 7

Joe_Wulf Joe_Wulf at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 29 14:24:49 UTC 2007

Just to let everyone know, I've solved the problem.

In my ks.cfg file, it helps if you put the ip address of the system you are
building, vice
that of your NFS server.  Once I fixed that little detail, RHEL5 built nicely.

The next problem is that the virtual machine wouldn't fully boot.  It stays at
the grub
menu wanting booting instructions.  I've checked the kind of VM I built and its
hard
disk drive and did it with SCSI.  Does RHEL5 have any issues with SCSI?

The manually built system that worked for me and is fully functional was built
with
IDE drives.  I wonder what the difference is?

R,
-Joe Wulf, CISSP, USN(RET)
 Senior IA Engineer
 ProSync Technology Group, LLC