Network Driver and kickstart

Klaus Steden klaus.steden at thomson.net
Fri Jan 5 17:44:07 UTC 2007

>    I've got some new Dell 2950's that have the BroadCom chip set for the
>    NIC's.
>
>    How do I alter the software on the install server to install this driver ?

If it's the newer BroadCom chipset, it's included in newer distros.

However, if you need to use an older distro, you'd have to either use a driver
disk, or rebuild the install images to include the driver. That's a bit of a
big topic, though, so I would hit the Anaconda wiki and do some research,
since what's required is somewhat non-trivial.

hth,
Klaus