Kickstart Installation with Altiris

Joshua Jensen jjensen at cisco.com
Tue Jan 16 17:53:14 UTC 2007

We've used the Altiris agent where I worked... until we couldn't take it
anymore, and replaced it with PXELinux.  Altiris is DOS-based, and we
had trouble with it loading 64bit x86_64 kernels.

Joshua

On Tue, Jan 16, 2007 at 12:56:52PM +0100, KENNEDY VAN DAM Eric wrote:
> Hello everybody.
> First of all, this is my first post. I'm a belgian RHCE. I've worked on
> linux for 7 years now.
>
> My boss asked me to prepare a RedHat Default Installation but this
> should be integrated in the Altiris Deployment Solution which is used
> here.
> My idea is to use the Altiris Server to schedule installations using
> PXE. The installation process would be Kickstart based.
>
> Did someone have any experience about this ?
>
> Thanks.
> --
> Kennedy van Dam Eric
> Unix/Storage Team
> Phone: +32 (0)2 529 3375
> Mail: eric.kennedyvandam at rvponp.fgov.be

Joshua Jensen <jjensen ☆ cisco.com>
Work:  919 392 1488  Mobile: 919 454 9679  Fax: 919 392 8902
"Moderation in Moderation"