Linuxworld Kickstart Tips and Tricks

Steden Klaus Klaus.Steden at thomson.net
Tue Jun 19 18:29:13 UTC 2007

One of the things I've found with Kickstart is that the anaconda-ks.cfg
file that gets copied during last-mile installation isn't quite as
complete as I'd like as an administrator. One of the things I do in
%post is copy the working ks.cfg (found at /tmp/ks.cfg by default, I
think) to a file on disk so I have a more complete picture of the
system's install information.

I did do some work building an on-the-fly Kickstart generator, although
there's a page on the Anaconda Wiki about it, so I'll spare everyone the
gory details. :-)

Cheers,
Klaus