Linuxworld Kickstart Tips and Tricks

Callahan, Tom CallahanT at tessco.com
Tue Jun 19 18:31:16 UTC 2007

I also like that idea, but I would warn to make sure the password sections
are removed when copying to the system. A simple sed or awk one-liner should
be able to accomplish this...

Thanks,
Tom Callahan

On 6/19/07 2:29 PM, "Steden Klaus" <Klaus.Steden at thomson.net> wrote:

> One of the things I've found with Kickstart is that the anaconda-ks.cfg
> file that gets copied during last-mile installation isn't quite as
> complete as I'd like as an administrator. One of the things I do in
> %post is copy the working ks.cfg (found at /tmp/ks.cfg by default, I
> think) to a file on disk so I have a more complete picture of the
> system's install information.
>
> I did do some work building an on-the-fly Kickstart generator, although
> there's a page on the Anaconda Wiki about it, so I'll spare everyone the
> gory details. :-)
>
> Cheers,
> Klaus

-------------------------------
Tom Callahan
TDS Engineering
410-229-1361  Tel
410-588-7605  Mobile
410-229-1512  Fax
callahant at TESSCO.com

TESSCO
Your Total Source for Wireless
http://www.tessco.com

Network Infrastructure Equipment | Mobile Devices & Accessories |
Installation, Test, Equipment & Supplies