Linuxworld Kickstart Tips and Tricks

Shabazian, Chip Chip.Shabazian at bankofamerica.com
Tue Jun 19 16:35:29 UTC 2007

Howdy,

As I mentioned a while back, I'm doing a "Kickstart Tips and Tricks"
seminar at Linuxworld this summer, and I need to finish (ok, START and
finish) my presentation this weekend.  I've gotten a few good tips from
you all, so this is my final call for help:

I will of course make the training materials I develop available to all
when it's done.

Here is what I'm looking for:
* If you were attending this training, what would you like to see
covered
* Although you may be well versed in kickstart, what should I cover for
those not so experienced
* What other technologies do you use in your provisioning of systems
* What "best practices" have you learned
* What else should I be asking for and presenting
* And of course, all those wonderful tips and tricks that we have all
learned over the years

Anything you send may be printed in the workbook that accompanies the
tutorial, so I need your approval to print it.  If you would like to be
credited, please provide me with how you want it to appear.

Here is a brief outline that I have so far, both content AND topics are
appreciated:

What is kickstart
Why use kickstart
Kickstart sections