Specify MAC address in kickstart

Vimal Kumar vikumar at redhat.com
Wed Oct 24 13:04:25 UTC 2007

Hello,

I had a query from a customer who has four network interfaces in his
server and while doing a kickstart, he want interfaces with particular
MAC addresses get assigned the name eth0, eth1 etc..

ie.. He wants the interface with MAC '00:14:5E:B3:56:F4' be eth0,
interface with MAC '00:14:5E:A7:0B:B8' be eth1 and so on..

I was only able to locate the directives for the 'network' section in
kickstart, specified below. Are there any directives available to
configure MAC addresses or is there a work around for this.

*|network
--device
--bootproto
--ip