include XEN kernel & tools in CentOS 5.1 kickstart?

Rudi Ahlers Rudi at SoftDux.com
Wed Feb 27 16:19:55 UTC 2008

Pablo Iranzo Gómez wrote:
> 	Well, the easiest part would be to create a custom install CD with just
> the packages you need ;-) and then, rerun createrepo to update the
> packages list and do what Mr Dehaan said, listing individual packages at
> %packages instead of the "Virtualization" group
>
> 	If you already have them, you can always put a %post with an rpm -Uvh
> package1.rpm package2.rpm, etc if you don't want to do the createrepo
> stuff
>
> 	Regards
> 	Pablo
>

> El mié, 27-02-2008 a las 17:43 +0200, Rudi Ahlers escribió:
>
>> Pablo Iranzo Gómez wrote:
>>
>>> 	Have you tried:
>>>
>>> 	@ Virtualization at %packages?
>>>
>>> 	For me, that installs Xen kernel and utils as default for system where
>>> it is installed.
>>>
>>> 	Regards
>>> 	Pablo

>> I have, but since I only have the 1st CD, it's not on the CD, and I
>> don't want to download all the other CD's to see on which CD it is. It
>> comes to a point where it's asking for the 2nd CD.
>>
>> I need a bare minimal install for cPanel, so I didn't even include any
>> packages
>>
>> Kind Regards
>> Rudi Ahlers
>>
>> Web:   http://www.SoftDux.com
>> Forum: http://Forum.SoftDux.com
>>
>> Join SA WebHostingTalk today, on http://www.WebHostingTalk.co.za

Well, I only started playing with kickstart yesterday And my brain hurts
by now, but I'm learning a lot :)

How does it work? Do I copy all the rpm's I want to use to the CentOS
folder, and then run createrepo on that folder?

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers
CEO, SoftDux