Issue With Packages Section

William J. Dennison william_dennison at sra.com
Wed Nov 12 21:11:51 UTC 2008

I am using Cobbler with Kickstart. Here is my problem.

I am attempting to install the following packages (see below) in my kickstart
file (using Cobbler as operator on RHEL 5.2).

When Kickstart installs the jdk, tomcat, and VMWare packaged they are pulled
to the server and then installed in the right areas, however the /etc/init.d
parameters are not installed correctly (as if kickstart did not utilize the
configuration parameters in the rpms). I manually ran the yum install command
after the server was booted for these rpms, and they indeed installed
correctly, therefore I surmise it is something with kickstart.

I looked at the Anaconda log file and it seems that the rpms are not installed
in the correct order, could this be the problem? If yes, how can I fix it. If
now, any other ideas would help.

### Package Installation Specifications
%packages

# Install the Base System and vim-enhanced by default.
@ Base
vim-enhanced

# The following packages are required for a Multi-Node
# VMWare server build.
gcc
gcc-c++
kernel-headers