[Libguestfs] Using guestfs.kill_subprocess()

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Nov 4 17:06:42 UTC 2011

On Fri, Nov 04, 2011 at 09:47:43AM -0700, Richard Su wrote:
> One of the qemu process dies but the other one remains up but doesn't move.
>
> I'm running this on RHEL 6.1 with libguestfs-1.7.17-17.el6.x86_64.

You should certainly try to update to the version that
fixes this bug:

> >http://bugzilla.redhat.com/684980

http://people.redhat.com/~rjones/libguestfs-RHEL-6.2-preview/
or from the RHEL 6.2 beta,
or Brew.

> I'm having trouble producing trace output. I tried setting
> LIBGUESTFS_TRACE and LIBGUESTFS_DEBUG and since this is through
> python, I also tried calling set_trace and set_verbose in this way
> in /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/oz/Guest.py:
>
>     g = guestfs.GuestFS()
>     g.set_trace(1)
>     g.set_verbose(1)
>
> Any suggestions here?

That should be fine.  In that old version of libguestfs, the trace
output goes unconditionally to stderr, so you just need to arrange to
capture stderr.