[Libguestfs] PATCH: Allow specifying the filesystem driver for guestmount

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu May 9 16:34:05 UTC 2013

On Thu, May 09, 2013 at 12:31:07PM -0400, Dave Vasilevsky wrote:
> Thanks for investigating! Hopefully the protocol compatibility can be
> documented--it would be good to know in other situations where one is
> forced to use a fixed appliance, like on BSD and OS X.
>
> There's one more little thing that came up. You recommended in IRC
> that for testing I do "LIBGUESTFS_PATH=/path/to/appliance ./run
> ./fish/guestfish ...". But it turns out that the ./run script
> unconditionally overwrites LIBGUESTFS_PATH, preferring the local
> "appliance" directory. This was easy to work around, but I thought you
> should be aware of it, in case it's not the intended behaviour.

Yup, that is sort of a bug, although it's hard to know what is best to
do.  I suppose we should assume if the user has set LIBGUESTFS_PATH
then they really want that path, and not the local appliance/ path.
Another way to look at it would be to disable setting that environment
variable if libguestfs was configured with --disable-appliance.

> This crazy project does seem to be working, and I now have write
> access to journaled HFS+ from Linux! I'll write some documentation for
> others who want to try it, and of course libguestfs will feature
> prominently.

Thanks, Rich.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW