[Libguestfs] libguestfs powerpc package

Roberto Innocenti robyinno at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 21:20:44 UTC 2014

I have successfully compiled on G4 powerpc libguestfs ( last stable version
1.26.0 ) and supermin 5.1.7 but

supermin doesn't recognise a suitable kernel ( vmlinuz*) to build the
appliance, looking on the kernel.ml code (language that I never have seen)
I have see that it check only i386 and arm architecture, in any case look
like it search a vmlinuz* with host_cpu, in case of powerpc look like it
search vmlinuz*powerpc*

In my /boot I have only 2 kernel with powerpc inside (
vmlinux-3.11.0-6-powerpc-smp) and the 3.13.9 with out (vmlinux-3.13.9kvmth)
and with vmliux not vmlinu

*z*

*I have tried to make symlink of my vmlinux with vmlinuz*powerpc* but the
error is the same:*supermin -v -v -v --build --format ext2 supermin.d -o
appliance.d

supermin: failed to find a suitable kernel.

I looked for kernels in /boot and modules in /lib/modules.

My impression is that supermin5 doesn't work properly building aplliance
with powerpc architecture.

Thanks for your time