Re: [Libguestfs] virt-v2v: Died at /usr/bin/virt-p2v-server line 411

Le 19/11/2014 13:03, Richard W.M. Jones a écrit :
On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 12:58:11PM +0100, Nicolas Ecarnot wrote:
But it is now failing with an error message telling it can not
connect to the local socket /var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock.

This is basically a libvirt bug that you have to solve separately.
I'm guessing that basic commands such as `virsh nodeinfo' also fail.

I don't know what the reason for that will be, but you can ask the
libvirt users list to help you fix it.

To avoid libvirt problems, do:

    export LIBGUESTFS_BACKEND=direct

But in this use case, I don't know where to set this variable?

I believe it will work if you put this into root's .bash_profile or
.bashrc (ie. /root/.bash_profile).

PROGRESS !

I added the setting above into the root profile, and now, things are beginning to move.

The first server I have to convert is a production server, so I can not easily halt it to run many test conversion. So these days I'm trying to convert a VM (and I don't know if this is possible though I don't see why it wouldn't be).

When trying to p2v an Oracle Linux 7.0 VM, it ran very verbosely then failed saying it was not a kind of OS it knows how to convert. When trying to p2v a old windows XP VM, it ran the same long way then failed telling that no root device was found in this operating system image.

As I read in detail the very long log, I saw different things failing, and amongst them, the issue telling that the 36:36 permissions on the NFS export share will prevent the import into RHEV. I don't know if it is an issue at this point. Anyway, I don't see any image coming into this nfs subtree at present.

Asap, I will try to run a P2V on the windows 2003 server source - the one I'm struggling for for weeks, and let you know.

Stay tuned.

PS : Thank you Richard for your support.

--
Nicolas Ecarnot