Re: [Libguestfs] Help

Hi,

On Thursday, 28 July 2016 16:27:24 CEST M.H. Hasan Bhuiyan wrote:
> I am a newbie in coding. I am using ubuntu 14.04 in my machine and
> installed libguestfs by the following command:
>
> sudo apt-get install libguestfs-tools
>
> I get to run guestfish properly from terminal. But as it happens I
> want to write a program in C++ and i want to include the guestfs.h
> file in the program. I have tried and searched many options but have
> not found any. Is there something I am doing wrong? Can you please
> help me getting the file. If you can show me a way then it would be
> great cause I have been trying for three days in a row.

libguestfs-tools contains just the command line utilities provided by
libguestfs.  In a distribution like Ubuntu, the headers for developing
with a library are usually shipped in development packaged named
<library>-dev.  In the case of libguestfs on Ubuntu, the right package
is libguestfs-dev -- you can also check the online resource
http://packages.ubuntu.com which helps to find packages available in
Ubuntu, and also to locate files shipped.

--
Pino Toscano