[Libguestfs] cannot find any suitable libguestfs supermin

lampahome pahome.chen at mirlab.org
Fri Jul 28 15:34:38 UTC 2017

I download libguestfs from github and fetch to the *origin master*.

I tried to build libguestfs in my own linux distro and I followd the
http://libguestfs.org/guestfs-building.1.html#using-a-prebuilt-binary-appliance
to replace with supermin

I download the appliance-1.30.1.tar.xz and appliance-1.30.1.tar.xz.sig
and extract the tarball to /home/user/appliance
and export LIBGUESTFS_PATH=/*home/user/appliance*

Then I build libguestfs  below:

> ./autogen.sh --disable-appliance --disable-daemon
> make

make install DESTDIR=/tmp

It builds fine.

And guestfish version is 1.37.18

But I got error when I execute guestfish:

> guestfish
> add --rw disk.qcow2
> run
> error:    libguestfs: error: cannot find any suitable libguestfs supermin,
> fixed or old-style appliance on LIBGUESTFS_PATH

But I echo $LIBGUESTFS_PATH, it's */home/user/appliance*

I don't know how come going wrong