[Libguestfs] Is there any plan to support SPDK disks?

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Jul 18 13:44:05 UTC 2018

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 12:10:30PM +0800, Bob Chen wrote:
> Considering that the technic of SPDK + QEMU is making progress toward
> maturity.
>
> Personally I'd like to do the integration work. Not sure somebody would
> mind to give me some clue on that? Because I'm not familiar with libguestfs
> code structures.

If qemu supports SPDK then we should get it "for free".  At most we
might need to add support for the qemu command line like we do for
other non-file stuff (eg. NBD, iSCSI).

What does a qemu command line accessing SPDK look like?

What sort of resources do we need to set up an SPDK test environment?
(For example, are NVMe drives absolutely required?)