[Libguestfs] Is there any plan to support SPDK disks?

Bob Chen a175818323 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 07:10:42 UTC 2018

In Intel's official documents, SPDK is used as the VM's data disk to
accelerate IO performance for various applications such as database and
key-value store.

Unlike the data disk that you can log in the VM and make partitions inside,
there is no way to do the same thing for a bootable rootfs disk. Because
SPDK has its own filesystem, and the host wouldn't recognize the disk even
if you export it via NBD.

QEMU works on above SPDK by simple block layer operations, so the only way
to deploy SPDK disk is to do in inside, i.e., by using libguestfs.

P.S. I managed to boot up a guest VM with SPDK rootfs disk, and luckily
this disk is able to be exported to a file. I'm willing to share this file,
so maybe someone in the community could easily setup a environment and test
libguestfs integration.

Look forward to your help. Thanks
Bob

Bob Chen <a175818323 at gmail.com> 于2018年7月18日周三 下午12:10写道: