[Libguestfs] Building from source with custom gperf location

Lewis Gaul lewis at scphillips.com
Sat May 1 17:04:44 UTC 2021

Thanks Rich, that worked.

I also had to compile augeas and specify 'AUGEAS_LIBS=~/.local/lib
AUGEAS_CFLAGS="-O3"' for it to be picked up.

The problem I'm hitting now is:
configure: error: libmagic (part of the "file" command) is required.
Please install the file devel package

I have manually installed the contents of the file-devel RPM and its
dependency file-libs into ~/.local/, so I now have libmagic.so under
~/.local/lib64/. Any idea how I can get ./configure to pick this up? I
tried LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/.local/lib64 but this didn't seem to work.

I'm hopeful this might be the last piece that's missing!

Thanks for your help,
Lewis