[Libvir] Latest MinGW patch

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Dec 6 11:58:08 UTC 2007

There are still a few bits which don't work.

Also attached, the output of './configure --without-xen --without-qemu
--without-sasl', and the output of 'make -k' after the second time it
has run (so you just see which bits fail to compile).

Some tips:

* Install MinGW and MSYS.  MSYS 1.0.10 under Vista has known problems
(MinGW bug 1593268) so you'll also need to install the tech preview
versions of: gcc, gdb, binutils, w32api.

* Build and install libxml2.

* Install gnutls.  There are binaries for Windows available on their site.

* Install SunRPC from http://www.plt.rwth-aachen.de/index.php?id=258.

* Get libvirt from CVS, apply the patch below, run ./bootstrap and
./autogen.sh (you'll have to do this from a Linux machine).

* Set the following environment variables under Windows:

   gnutls=/c/Users/rjones/Desktop/gnutls
   oncrpc=/c/oncrpc

   CC=gcc-sjlj
   CFLAGS="-I $gnutls/include -I $oncrpc"
   LDFLAGS="-L $gnutls/lib -L $oncrpc/bin"
   PATH=$oncrpc/bin:$PATH

   export CC CFLAGS LDFLAGS PATH

* Enable config.cache (./configure -C) because shell scripts under
Windows are slooooooooow.

Rich.