[Libvir] PATCH: 1/7 Split up the public header files

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Wed Oct 31 13:53:07 UTC 2007

On Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 03:56:18AM +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> This patch splits up the libvirt.h file into multiple pieces. The big header
> file was getting rather long & hard to follow, with API calls for domains and
> networks all mixed together, and macros & typedefs & methods all mixed up.
> Adding another 25 APIs for storage won't improve this. So this splits up the
> header into
>
>    libvirt/connection.h    - connection related API calls & objects
>    libvirt/node.h          - host node information APIs  & objects
>    libvirt/domain.h        - hypervisor/domain API calls & objects
>    libvirt/network.h       - virtual networking API calls & objects
>
> The original libvirt.h, now simply #include's all four of these files. The
> header files aren't intended to be included directly - apps carry on just
> using the main header file.

  The main impact is not covered by this patch, it's the documentation
generation, which also mean that on the web site the doc page for libvirt
would become nearly empty and 4 new pages would be added.
  I'm not against the change (though it will break all previous reference
to documentation functions embedded in list archives) but the documentation
impact seems to not have been considered and it's not neglectible, really.