[libvirt] Problem in attaching a interface to a domain

sarveswara rao mygapula sarvesh.18 at gmail.com
Thu May 22 06:48:18 UTC 2008

Hello,

I am facing problems in creating a network bridge using libvirt. My
requirement is, i need to create a bridge on the host machine. The bridge
shd get ip address from dhcp server(instead of static). I am not getting
what exactly the xml format that virsh is looking for?

I am using the following xml for creating a bridge.
<network>
        <name>local</name>
        <bridge name="virbr1" />
        <source dev="eth1"/>
        <mac address="00:11:22:33:44:55"/>
</network>

The bridge is getting created but not with the specified device and mac
address. Bridge is not getting ip address at all.
Can you please tell me the xml format for my requirement?

Thanks.