Anton Protopopov aspsk2 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 13:15:35 UTC 2008

Hi

- yeah, i've already read that thread and known it was a bug. Just needed a
> confirmation that it was going to be fixed in next release. So may be my
> question will be a bit indelicate, but is there a hope to see this release
> by the end of november?

Yes, I think

> virsh # undefine 3005
> libvir: OpenVZ error : Domain not found
> Domain 3005 has been undefined

It really removes domain from file system, but why does it throw that error
> message?

I think, that it is a virsh error

>  6) Where does libvirt store info about already created domains? I can't
>>> create a new domain with ID 3005 after I completely destroy previous one via
>>> 'vzctl destroy 3005'.
>>>
>>  And what does it saying?
>>

> - if i simply destroy domain via vzctl (without undefining it via virsh):
> [root at alt-03 ~]# vzctl destroy 3005
> Destroying container private area: /var/lib/vz/private/3005
> Container private area was destroyed
>
> - and then try to create another one (this time via virsh)
> virsh # create ovz.xml
> libvir: OpenVZ error : operation failed: Already an OPENVZ VM defined with
> the id '3005'
> error: Failed to create domain from ovz.xml

I can't repeat that behaviour. Try to restart libvirtd:
# service libvirtd restart

> It seems domain is still defined from LibVirt's point of view but actually
> it doesn't exist any more. It was removed via native OpenVZ tool. In case I
> try to undefine it:
> virsh # undefine 3005
> libvir: OpenVZ error : Domain not found
> libvir: error : vzctl exited with non-zero status 14 and signal 0
> libvir: OpenVZ error : internal error Could not exec vzctl
> error: Failed to undefine domain 3005
>
> And from this moment it is imposible to create domain with ID 3005. So how
> can I obtain a list of already defined domains? And how can it be purged?

See
# virsh help list

>  7) Is there any way to publish domain's console on a host system so that
>> I can connect via telnet to HW node on some TCP/4567 and get into domain's
>> console?
>>
> vzctl enter <domain ID>
>>

> - yeah, that for sure is true wheh you are on HW node itself.

And maybe an ssh will help you here? :)

> But I need to organize access into domain's consoles from remote mashines.
> In my case there is no network connectivity between real lan and domains. I
> believed, this XML definition could help me:
>

> http://libvirt.org/formatdomain.html#elemInactive implies defined, i
> thinkentsCharTCP <http://libvirt.org/formatdomain.html#elementsCharTCP> -
> "*The character device acts as a TCP client connecting to a remote server,
> or as a server waiting for a client connection*", so when you connect to
> HW node on some TCP port you get into domain's console. But it seems I got
> it in a wrong way because is didn't work in case of OpenVZ.

Yes, it doesn't work in case of OpenVZ and I can't make any assumtions if it
will be in the nearest future.