[libvirt] libvirt-qpid

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Fri Oct 3 13:50:08 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 03, 2008 at 03:29:17PM +0200, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 02, 2008 at 05:33:54PM +0200, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 02, 2008 at 08:16:02AM -0700, Ian Main wrote:

> > > Ah, I know what happened.. I changed the dependencies since my first email.
> > > qpidd isn't needed for libvirt-qpid to operate.  It's just an agent and can
> > > talk to a qpidd on a different host.
> >
> >   okay, I was guessing something like that which is why i was so
> > cautious in my wording ;-)
>
>   Okay I now have things working ... on one machine. Which is
> interesting but not really the point of the exercise :-)
> I have 3 machines. qpidd runs on machine A, qpid-tool on that machine
> allows to access the local node and local domains. libvirt-qpid
> started on machine B and C in the same subnet without error,
> but well they don't find the qpidd on machine A since I don't see them
> there. qpid-tool there tries to get to localhost and fail.
>   If then I install and start qpidd on machine B qpid-tool can connect
> to it ... but the already started libvirt-qpid don't seems to be
> able to find it, unless I restart it which seems to indicate a failure
> to connect after startup. And I'm still only able to list local
> domains/nodes never remote ones.
>
>   Ideas ?

I got this working across 3 machines as follows

 - Machine A provides a Qpid broker, run as root with

       qpidd --auth no

 - Machine B and C are libvirt hosts, each run a libvirtd, and libvirt-qpid

       libvirt-qpid --broker machineA.example.com

On machine A, if you run 'qpid-tool' you should now see node, domain
objects from both machines B & C. NB, it take 5-10 seconds from
starting libvirt-qpid before they appear in the broker