[libvirt] libvirt-qpid

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Mon Oct 13 13:56:21 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 10:55:36AM -0700, Ian Main wrote:
> Once you have that set up, 'yum install libvirt-qpid python-qpid', and then
> run (each in their own terminals):
>
> qpidd --auth no
> libvirt-qpid (as root to auth with libvirt)

  I'm a little bit worried by the following:

 9758 qpidd     20   0  273m 137m 1644 S 46.6  6.8 986:30.29 qpidd

 that's with just 3 nodes over a week with no traffic except the
keeping the machines on the bus, the memory footprint of qpidd
seems to be growing, very slowly but nonetheless continuously, and
that's just with 3 nodes hooked with libvirt-qpid.
 is that a genuine leak in qpidd ? (qpidd-0.3.700546-1.fc9.x86_64)
 is that related to the policy to keep messages sent to the QPid bus ?

  I wonder. It also consumes some non-neglective amount of CPU as
a background task.