[libvirt] libvirt-qpid

Ian Main imain at redhat.com
Thu Oct 16 19:34:05 UTC 2008

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 15:56:21 +0200
Daniel Veillard <veillard at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 10:55:36AM -0700, Ian Main wrote:
> > Once you have that set up, 'yum install libvirt-qpid python-qpid', and then
> > run (each in their own terminals):
> >
> > qpidd --auth no
> > libvirt-qpid (as root to auth with libvirt)
>
>   I'm a little bit worried by the following:
>
>   PID USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  COMMAND
>  9758 qpidd     20   0  273m 137m 1644 S 46.6  6.8 986:30.29 qpidd
>
>  that's with just 3 nodes over a week with no traffic except the
> keeping the machines on the bus, the memory footprint of qpidd
> seems to be growing, very slowly but nonetheless continuously, and
> that's just with 3 nodes hooked with libvirt-qpid.
>  is that a genuine leak in qpidd ? (qpidd-0.3.700546-1.fc9.x86_64)
>  is that related to the policy to keep messages sent to the QPid bus ?
>
>   I wonder. It also consumes some non-neglective amount of CPU as
> a background task.

I talked to the qpid folks about this today.  It's a bug one way or another.
They fixed one that may be causing this and there will be new RPMs out
hopefully today.  If that doesn't do it it may have something to do with
how QMF is doing things.  If you still see this after the RPM upgrade
let me know.  I'll be trying it out too.  Thanks!

	Ian