[libvirt] [Docs] More work on the API and architecture

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Wed Apr 15 20:45:19 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 09:54:30AM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 03:43:18PM +0200, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> >   Another patch, incomplete adding a new page api.html[.in]
> > with the goals of describing the main API concepts, architectures,
> > naming conventions, etc ... It includes Dan's graphics and a change of
> > how the stylesheet process the .html.in content allowing to turn
> > <code class='docref'>foo</code> into a link to reference for foo in the
> > API page. Ultimately I should be able to load the API description from
> > the stylesheet and do that link generation automagically without any
> > markup (like all the links in the API reference).
> >   Still need to write the drivers and remote sections, and augment some
> > of the APIs entry points, but it's a first step and better in than out.
>
> Looks good, but its missing Makefile.am rule to generate the images
> from the .fig files. It'd be nicer to use PNG instead of GIF and
> get nicely anti-aliased, transparent background images. ImageMagick
> can do this fairly easily using a rule like
>
> %.png: %.fig
> 	convert -rotate 90 $< $@
>
> The 'rotate 90' bit is because for some wierd reason it defaults to
> rotating it 90 degrees in a direction you don't want unless you look
> at images side-ways on :-)

  Okay, I didn't know of that trick, so switched to png, I added the
conversion rule but no more explicit make target to avoid some build
in random condition trying to rebuild the PNGs and breaking because
ImageMagic support is missing.
  All commited, but there is still missing pieces on that page,
I will try to work on it before the 0.6.3 release,