[libvirt] libvirt-0.3.3-14.el5 (redhat rpm) vs libvirt-0.6.5 (source)

Jim Bergensen jimbergensen at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 15:14:27 UTC 2009

Hello everyone,

I am looking to write a simple php interface to create, stop, start,
restart, configure, backup, transfer VM's across a network of servers.
Storage is done locally on the particular node (lvm), but I am considering
to do this through iscsi in the future. Xen, KVM, IP management, firewalling
is an important requirement.

The redhat backport version looks outdated, but I know the version number
isn't the best way to compare features.

My questions are:

- Featurewise, is the difference between the redhat version and the
libvirt.org source version small or as big as it looks (branch versions?)
- Considering the above functions I am going to need, will the redhat
version suffice?

Any help would be truely appreciated,

Thank you,

Jim