[libvirt] Compiling on Windows with MinGW/MSYS

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Jan 15 11:55:18 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 11:21:51AM +0100, Brecht Sanders wrote:
> Hi,
> It's been a long time since I tried to compile libvirt on Windows using
> the MinGW/MSYS environment.
> I tried it again and I have good news and bad news.
> The good news is thet when I disable support for most things
> (--without-xen --without-qemu --without-openvz --without-uml
> --without-test --without-libvirtd --with-remote-pid-file=none
> --with-init-scripts=none --with-depends --without-sasl --without-polkit)
> it now builds fine and even the DLL was built (libvirt-0.dll).
> The bad news is that when I enable Xen support, it now depends on the
> xenstore library.
> Unfortunately I wasn't able to build this library on Windows.
> Is this dependancy necessary?
> Does anyone know of xenstore on Windows?

You're well outside the envelope of what we've tried or what we
support.  On Windows we only support client connections through the
remote driver, so you have to disable everything else:

http://hg.et.redhat.com/cgi-bin/hg-misc.cgi/fedora-mingw--devel/file/61e54817b85c/libvirt/mingw32-libvirt.spec#l48

I'm confused actually as to what use libvirt + Xen would be on Windows
-- does Xen Enterprise now have the ability to use Windows as dom0?

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/