[libvirt] Get Virtual Machine Information

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sun Oct 25 17:02:36 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 04:15:03PM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> Apparently it is contained in the file %systemroot%\system32\
> prodspec.ini so as a temporary measure you could use virt-cat.  This
> works for me:
>
>   $ virt-cat Win2003x32 /WINDOWS/system32/prodspec.ini

Further to this, someone on my blog discovered that the prodspec.ini
file was discontinued in Windows Vista, so the above doesn't work
universally.  Instead you can download and decode the appropriate
entry from the Windows Registry "hive".  Currently this is described
here:

http://rwmj.wordpress.com/2009/06/08/explore-the-windows-registry-with-libguestfs/#content

but we plan to make this even simpler shortly.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v