[libvirt] about qemu monitor mode.

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Mon Apr 12 10:36:10 UTC 2010

On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 04:41:06PM +0800, Osier Yang wrote:
> Hello there
> libvirt compiles JSON mode as the default qemu monitor mode if
> yajl-devel is available.  As a result of this solution, the user has no
> way to change into the text mode.  And because the qemu QMP always lacks
> commands currently, such as "savevm", it will prevent us creating the
> snapshot of domain, especially for us who want to do some testing.
>
> What I think is could we add the configuration item in qemu.conf?  so
> that the user can choose which mode to use, such as:

Even if libvirt is built with YAJL support, it will not enable JSON mode for
any QEMU at this time, since QEMU JSON support is not complete. We will only
enable this for QEMU >= 0.13  (assuming it works with 0.13 is released). Thus
there is no need for any config param

|: Red Hat, Engineering, London    -o-   http://people.redhat.com/berrange/ :|
|: http://libvirt.org -o- http://virt-manager.org -o- http://deltacloud.org :|
|: http://autobuild.org        -o-         http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/ :|
|: GnuPG: 7D3B9505  -o-   F3C9 553F A1DA 4AC2 5648 23C1 B3DF F742 7D3B 9505 :|