[libvirt] Live Migration with non-shared storage for kvm

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Wed Apr 21 13:57:29 UTC 2010

On 04/21/2010 03:27 AM, Kenneth Nagin wrote:

>> Cole Robinson <crobinso at redhat.com> wrote on 20/04/2010 19:10:10:
>
>> From: Cole Robinson <crobinso at redhat.com>
>> To: Kenneth Nagin/Haifa/IBM at IBMIL
>> Cc: list libvirt <libvir-list at redhat.com>
>> Date: 20/04/2010 19:10
>> Subject: Re: [libvirt] Live Migration with non-shared storage for kvm
>>
>> On 04/19/2010 01:38 AM, Kenneth Nagin wrote:
>>>
>>> On Wed Apr 07 I sent an email with a patch titled  Live Migration with
>>> non-shared storage for kvm.  What is the status on the patch?
>>>

>> If it didn't get an adequate response, it's probably a good idea to
>> rebase the patch against latest code, and resend to the list: people may
>> have deleted the old message.
>>
>> - Cole
>>

> This is the second time I have been asked to rebase.  I submitted the same
> patch in February.  Daniel Veillard asked me to rebase that patch.  I got
> very busy so I delayed submitting the patch until now.  If necessary I'll
> submit again, but I'd like some assurance that I'm not just wasting my and
> your time.

If you rebase and resend the patch, I'll review it.

But seriously, everyone is always busy, and sometimes things slip
through the cracks. If in the future you want to call attention to a
forgotten patch, either rebase and resend with [RESEND] in the subject,
or reply to the original patch submission with a 'ping' or similar,
keeping the original mail intact so people don't have to check the
archives to find the mail you are talking about.

- Cole