[libvirt] Release of libvirt 0.8.6

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Wed Dec 1 18:47:01 UTC 2010

On 02/12/2010, at 5:26 AM, Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
> Il giorno gio, 02/12/2010 alle 02.47 +1100, Justin Clift ha scritto:
>>
>> Looks like it might be time to put some kind of regression testing in
>> place, as a go/no-go release criteria.
>
> May I suggest a 1-week (or less) window without merge of new
> features/improvements, announced on a separate (low-traffic) mailinglist
> for packagers to test the release?
>
> We'd then have time to test whether the code is fine for all of us or
> not.

Concept wise, do you reckon something like this would work:

 + a new libvirt-announce mailing list, low trafic, purely for release
    announcements and similar

Along with us announcing a '"release candidate" build through it (instead of the
present approach).  If it looks good after a period of time (a week or something
as you mentioned), then it gets re-released as the actual release.

If something turns up significantly broken, then we respin as a release candidate
2 and repeat the process.

?