[libvirt] Ejecting ISO from cdrom

Zdenek Styblik stybla at turnovfree.net
Fri Oct 1 09:19:08 UTC 2010

On 10/01/2010 09:37 AM, Zdenek Styblik wrote:
> On 10/01/2010 09:17 AM, Jaromír Červenka wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> how can I remove ISO image from cdrom in running domain, please? I tried
>> procedure which is described on your wiki (
>> http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/QEMUSwitchToLibvirt#eject_DEV) but it doesn't
>> work for me:
>>
>> divinus:/kvm/iso # virsh attach-disk --type cdrom --mode readonly
>> leon.i-tux.cz "" hdc
>> error: command 'attach-disk' requires <target> option
>>
>> divinus:/kvm/iso # virsh attach-disk --type cdrom --mode readonly
>> leon.i-tux.cz "" --target hdc
>> error: command 'attach-disk' requires <source> option
>>
>> divinus:/kvm/iso # virsh attach-disk --type cdrom --mode readonly
>> leon.i-tux.cz --source "" --target hdc
>> error: expected syntax: --source <string>
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Jaromír Červenka
>>

>> --
>
> Jaromir,
>
> virsh # attach-disk --type cdrom --source
> /home/ftp/linux/slackware64-13.1/slackware64-13.1-install-dvd.iso --mode
> readonly nagios --target hdc
> Disk attached successfully
>
> Please note, that you've provided three (3) commands and each is missing
> something; each of them is missing this and that (or I got it wrong and
> you were trying it). Please, re-check commands you've posted. I also
> think source can't be empty; at least it makes no sense to me. :)
>
> I haven't even checked what I'm typing; just copied what you've posted,
> yet committed full command to virsh, not parts.
>
> I hope it helps,
> Zdenek

Ok, my bad. I should read more carefully and so on.
I confirm this looks like a bug. I too couldn't figure out how to detach
disk resp. unmount ISO (with or without wiki help).
I've tried to get more info out of virt-manager, however I've given up
after moment, because it seems they're shifting XML rather than using
visrh commands.

Have a nice day,
Zdenek

--