[libvirt] Initial working Mac OS X libvirt client build

Ruben Kerkhof ruben at rubenkerkhof.com
Fri Oct 22 19:06:33 UTC 2010

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 18:19, Mitchell Hashimoto
<mitchell.hashimoto at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 11:18 PM, Ruben Kerkhof <ruben at rubenkerkhof.com> wrote:
>>
>> I thought I'd give it a try, to see how far I get on Leopard (10.5).
>>

> From what I know following this list, I don't think anyone has ever
> tried to compile for Leopard (10.5) and has focussed exclusively on
> Snow Leopard (10.6), so there very well may be errors during
> compilation/linking.
>
> I'll wait for you to try the new formula but if that errors as well
> then I may have to spin up  a leopard VM to play around see if I can
> figure out what is going on there.
>
> Mitchell

It's getting a bit further, the logs are at http://fpaste.org/DC3R/

It seems to have some problems with libxml2. I've also tried with
libxml2-2.7.7 installed by brew, but that didn't help
Readline has always been a problem on Tiger/Leopard. I remember
something about it being libedit in readline-compatibility mode.

Thanks for your help!

Ruben