[libvirt] Initial working Mac OS X libvirt client build

Ruben Kerkhof ruben at rubenkerkhof.com
Sat Oct 23 22:33:22 UTC 2010

On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 22:04, Justin Clift <jclift at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 10/24/2010 06:49 AM, Ruben Kerkhof wrote:
> <snip>
>> That depends_on line in the formula also works for libxml2 :-)
>
> Hey, good work. :)
>
> Looks like I need to tweak the libvirt formula next. ;>
>
> As a thought, what sort of connection URL did you use with virsh
> in your example, and what sort of remote box were you connecting to?

None at all, actually. I just started libvirtd on my local mac on
which I also have VirtualBox installed.
Speaking of which, it would be nice to have a launchctl file for
libvirtd. I might be able to come up with something...

> Asking because I've been having troubles with qemu+ssh:// connections
> to remote RHEL 6 and Fedora boxes, due to what I think is an interaction
> with PolicyKit on the remote boxes.
>
> Kind of thinking it won't happen for remote Ubuntu boxes though as
> they don't have PolicyKit set up in the same way.
>
> The more data I have around this, the better, just in case it turns out
> to be something different. :)

Ah, I can't help you with that (yet), since all our boxes are in
production, and I don't want to disturb anything.
I will get some new hardware next week, on which I can do some testing.

Have you tried connecting with gnutls? Curious if that works.

Thanks,

Ruben