[libvirt] Hyper-V driver ?

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Sat Oct 30 00:39:31 UTC 2010

On 10/30/2010 03:21 AM, Daniel Veillard wrote:
<snip>
> "WS-Management Protocol" points to
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa384470%28v=VS.85%29.aspx
> where "Web Services for Management (WS–Management)." points to
> http://www.dmtf.org/sites/default/files/standards/documents/DSP0226.pdf
>
>  which says Page Not Found I find that lovely ...

Heh.  The link you probably want is this one:

  http://www.dmtf.org/standards/wsman

My understanding of the Web Services Management thing, is that it's not
a Microsoft initiative, but is instead a "vendor neutral" effort, and
somehow involves CIM.

> Matthias went through the huge work of developping SOAP code to talk
> to ESX, I wonder how much could be reused for the SOAP to talk to
> this.
>
> But it certainly requires someone dedicated for a long time, not sure
> we will get someone who really needs this.

Kind of wondering if our existing CIM stuff might "just work" with it
already.  Not something I know anything about though. :)

  http://libvirt.org/CIM/   <-- not much info here. :/
  http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Libvirt-cim_setup