[libvirt] Initial working Mac OS X libvirt client build

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Wed Sep 22 12:52:22 UTC 2010

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 04:37:26PM +1000, Justin Clift wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This is for anyone using the Homebrew package management system on
> Mac OS X. :)
>
> A first working (but still experimental) libvirt formula is online:
>
>   http://github.com/justinclift/libvirt
>
> It includes the libvirt text mode client (virsh), and the libvirt
> development libraries.
>
> If you have time to test it and report success/failure/(etc), please do.

  I would suggest to put the experimental binaries that you managed to
build on libvirt.org ~ftp/libvirt/osx/ , you should have write access
to that directory and this may help getting more people to try it out
even if limited. Just put a README or something along the binaries.
There is already old tarballs from May last year, we should probably
keep them for now,