[libvirt] Initial working Mac OS X libvirt client build

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Wed Sep 22 13:56:43 UTC 2010

On 09/22/2010 10:52 PM, Daniel Veillard wrote:
<SNIP>
>> If you have time to test it and report success/failure/(etc), please do.
>
>    I would suggest to put the experimental binaries that you managed to
> build on libvirt.org ~ftp/libvirt/osx/ , you should have write access
> to that directory and this may help getting more people to try it out
> even if limited. Just put a README or something along the binaries.

Thanks.  Will be looking at proper binary packages for it in a bit, so
that will be appropriate then. :)

The Homebrew packaging system is possibly a "bit different" from others.

It's a system that uses git as their main versioning tool, pulling from
a central git repository on github:

   http://github.com/mxcl/homebrew

The master branch there is used for the mainline stuff, and other
branches are used for various other things.

People are encouraged to fork that on github, develop their own package
script(s), then submit them.  If accepted, they get pulled back into
the main git repository for everyone's use.

So, we're on track with this. :)

The github.com URL I gave before is a properly created fork (using the
github tools), and should be of direct use to a Homebrew user.

They can use that URL, and Homebrew will work with it.

Or so the theory goes. :>