[libvirt] New sub-project libvirt-snmp

Michal Prívozník mprivozn at redhat.com
Thu Feb 3 10:21:50 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'd like to let you know and review the new project libvirt-snmp.
It's aim is to provide snmp functionality to libvirt. Right now it
supports only VM lifecycle stuff (start, suspend, destroy, ...)
and gathering info.

The sources are available here:

	git clone git://libvirt.org/libvirt-snmp.git

to install please see INSTALL file, some examples are in src/README.txt

We can also create an .rpm (see libvirt-snmp.spec.in) but thing is
in order to run libvirt-snmp subagent, snmpd.conf needs to be edited
first. Is there a way I can solve this? I mean overwriting it is ugly.
Or should i leave it just in the installation docs?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Michal Privoznik