[libvirt] open source with power devices

Matthias Bolte matthias.bolte at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 25 10:08:02 UTC 2011

2011/2/21  <JamesTessier at eaton.com>:
> Hi, I am Jim Tessier from Eaton Corporation. We are a major producer of UPSs
> and other data center power distribution equipment (and software). Eaton is
> developing an open-source presence and would like to become involved with
> libvert.
>
> Our software is currently compatible with MicroSoft SCVMM and VMware
> vCenter. It can do live migrations / vMotions and will shut down host
> servers gracefully in the event of power loss. Libvirt appears to be a
> natural fit for Eaton's products.
>
> Can someone get back to me on how to work within the community?

Welcome to the community.

You could start by given some more details about how your software and
libvirt relate to each other and what you want to do with libvirt.

It's not clear to me if you want to use libvirt in your software or
extend libvirt with new features for your UPSs and other data center
power distribution equipment.

Matthias