[libvirt] announce mailing list

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Tue Jan 4 19:08:13 UTC 2011

On 01/02/2011 06:41 AM, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>> 1] how can one sign-up into this list? I've been greeted with reply
>> "mail is blocked for this user" or something like that :)
>
>   Hum, weird, I need to check that !
>
>> 2] announce mailing list is not mentioned at
>> http://www.libvirt.org/contact.html#email ; I know it's been Christmas
>> time and yes, I'm even willing/signing up for filling bug in bugzilla,
>> if needed. Just write a word.
>
>   Well I wanted to try out the new list before mentionning it myself,
> it's on my TODO list for the coming week :-)

I've seen some projects (at least zsh comes to mind) where mailing lists
are nested - posting to the announce list can only be done by project
managers, but that post is instantly received on all three lists; anyone
can post to the users or devel list, but posts to the user list are
automatically received on both user and devel list.  Therefore, a
developer need only subscribe to the devel list to see the traffic from
all three lists.

Is that sort of setup worth doing with the three libvirt lists (that is,
make libvirt-list subscribe to libvirt-announce and libvirt-users
traffic, and make libvirt-users subscribe to libvirt-announce traffic)?